Thursday, September 1, 2022

Rockville apartment fire displaces family

Rockville Volunteer Fire Department
personnel were among the first to respond 

A kitchen fire broke out in a second-floor unit at the Woodmont Park apartments at 1001 Rockville Pike in Rockville last night, around 10:30 PM. More than fifteen units from the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service responded to the blaze. One family was displaced by the fire, MCFRS spokesperson Pete Piringer said. Piringer said an "After the Fire" team will be touring the complex today to check smoke alarms, and provide fire safety tips to residents.


  1. A house fire is the worst. All your things have been turned to ash and you have no place to go when it gets dark. The worst.

    1. Even worse, salvaged possessions never release all the smoke residue, and odor.

  2. First responders are wonderful. They save so many lives and people and rarely get thanked or mentioned. God bless the Police and Fire Fighters.