Rockville's leading source for breaking news, politics & nightlife
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Burning bed at Americana Center evacuates residents
Montgomery County firefighters responded to the Americana Center last night around 9:45 PM, after a mattress caught fire on the 13th floor of the building. A partial evacuation was required due to smoke, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer. Firefighters quickly got the fire under control, however. No injuries were reported.